Elders Day Group
What is it?
You, or someone you know, may have suffered a stroke, been diagnosed with a life changing illness, or have health issues around dementia.
We provide professional and personal care to support elders and give valuable respite to carers.
What can I expect on a typical day in Day Care?
On arrival we provide tea/coffee and refreshments as well as a 2 course hot midday meal. Then during the day some of our activities are:
- Arts and crafts (daily)
- Gentle Exercise
- Computer training on request (internet linked)
- As well as this, we have regular visitors to the centre who do activities such as movement to music, entertainment and information sharing along with regular outings for lunches or a full day out.
Whilst elders are in our care we aim to:
- Help keep their independence whilst giving valuable respite to carers
- Keep them active and stimulated
- Keep them in touch with the community
- Help them feel part of a warm and friendly environment.
What services do you provide?
At lunchtime we provide a nourishing meal with refreshments and we will fulfil any specific requests with regards to dietary needs.
We can arrange transport to the centre for those living nearby (NG7/NG8 area) and offer the following in-house services:
- Bathing facilities
- On-site shop
- Specific Arts & crafts on request
- Computer Training on request (internet Linked)
We receive referrals from Adult Services, GPs, health services and families. Please feel free to discuss your needs in confidence with the Care Manager.
How do I get in touch?
Telephone us on 0115 9786133 and speak to our Care Manager.
Alternatively you can email us at the following address: email@example.com